Friday, November 8, 2013

Another Week Has Come and Gone

Life certainly does not slow down. I hope each week that I will have time in the quilt studio and every week I find myself on Friday and I haven't done anything significant in quilting.
I no longer have major work in the yard, yeah!
I am coming to the end of job searching, yeah!
I am done with bottling for this year, yeah!
So, other than routine house work I should have more time for me to do what I like to do.
I still have not made decisions about the Grandmother's Garden blocks because I have not talked to my friend about the reality of making these two quilts.

I have finished the binding on my table runner and so I feel very good about that.


I have also had to buy a new camera, I dropped my old camera one too many times. I purchased a Nikon Coolpix. It was on sale at RC Willey and will work nicely with taking pictures of my quilts and other things.

I have also finally finished Miss Columbine and will start Miss Crocus soon. I am trying to add more texture to each of these embroideries and so I am very happy with the leaves on this flower. I had to totally change the leave from the original so it would more closely match the leaves on the Columbine flowers in real life. I am happy with the results.


I would press her but I don't want to set the transfer pencil to a permanent state.

I have decided that I need to just start quilting the tops I have ready and to stop fussing about running out of batting. The cost of a very large roll of batting is out of my reach at this time but I want to quilt so I need to move forward and get these tops quilted.

I hope that I have more to show next week. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment