Thursday, January 2, 2014

Reflections & Goals

I have been reading many blogs over the year and have been very impressed with everyone's accomplishments over the last year. I looked at my completions over the last year and have been disappointed.
To my credit there has been many things going on in my life the entire year. Job hunting and interviews, health issues, moving our daughter and family to Utah from Wisconsin, allot of harvesting & bottling and a few other things thru out the year that have kept me very overwhelmed at times.
I have decided to make some commitments for the new year. First off I promised myself to do Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt. I have had a hard time keeping up because of health issues but I am determined to keep going. I have just completed the #2 unit.
I am linking up with Bonnie's Unit 2 link up.  I can't find a way to link a photo anywhere. So I won't be linking up with Bonnie. Oh well!


I have also been reading Kathy's Quilts and have been motivated to start embroidering on some flowers that I have had for over 40 years. I am enjoying this hand work very much and because of Kathy I will be linking up with her for Slow Sunday Stitching as often as I complete a new flower.


I have also been intrigued with the Rainbow Block Challenge that she has been doing all year and I want to link up with this challenge once a month. I will keep this very simple and will be doing 9 patches with my 2 inch squares bin that is very full. The web address is linked.

So this is what I have planned for the new year. I have made a list of all my projects that are in various stages including a couple that have not been started yet but have been in my mind for many years. I also want to do some improvements on this blog. I want to find out how to make tabs at the top of the blog and I want to be able to change my header often like I see on numerous different quilting blogs. I also want to start posting new posts twice a week instead of the weekly I have been doing.
I have allot of learning to do for this year.

Take care.



3 comments:

  1. I wish you success in accomplishing your goals, but most of all I wish you stress free hours of sewing enjoyment. I try not to measure my accomplishments in complete projects, but in time spent doing what I enjoy. I never seem to finish as much as I think I should, but I sure enjoy trying. Sounds like you have some terrific projects in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps.....love the cute flower embroidery. Hand stitching is one of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't compare yourself to others completions.
    If you are happy sewing, then do it & enjoy it.
    Good luck with your blog.
    I have spent hours trying to set mine up

    ReplyDelete