Friday, January 17, 2014

Smith Mountain Morning update

I am so excited that I have finally gotten the Smith Mountain Morning quilt loaded onto my HQ. I am happy that it will finally be finished. I am using the thread "Coconut" from Superior Threads for the quilting and I am using "Not Quite Paisley" panto from Willow Leaf Studio. I haven't used this panto before but I have had it for a couple of years. It is quite dense quilting and so this will take me some time to finish the quilting on this quilt. I think it will be worth it though and so I will keep pushing ahead.



I have also finally used my Amazon gift cards that my sons Luke and Eli gave to me for my birthday in September. I ordered some Jelly Rolls. I have never bought Jelly Rolls before but I think it will be fun to decide just what I want to make from these. They are all different so I will probably add fabric from my stash to go with each of these and then I will make 4 different quilts with them. The ones laid out came that way and the others are in the normal Jelly Roll way.


 This should be fun.



My husband and I are also planning a trip to Panquitch, UT in June for the Quilt Walk. There is a very interesting YouTube video online to watch about this. I will be taking some classes while I am there. This trip will be in conjunction with a fishing trip to Lake Powell. More on this later.
Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment