Friday, February 28, 2014

February is on its Way Out

I have been working a bit in the quilt studio but not as much as I would have liked. I had two interviews this week and also a bit too much back pain for standing and quilting.

So I have done two squares on the Batik Windows quilt but I have had some tension issues and I have not moved forward yet.


The drawing on the left is how I am trying to quilt inside of the square. I am feeling OK about that but the tension issues are stalling me. I will hopefully work those out today and be able to move on with this project.

Since I have finished my leader ender project from Bonnie Hunter I do not have a new leader ender project to work on. I have been thinking I need to start another Quilt of Valor and these quilts make great leader ender projects. So I am making 8 X 8 squares that I will later sash. The individual squares are from my 2 1/2 inch square bins and I am using only red, blue and patriotic fabric. The finished size is 16 inches which are very large for me but should work up very quickly.


I have three of these done and have started on the 4th. I have not decided how many rows across and how many down yet.

I have the mystery quilt webbed together and I am now sewing the rows together. This will be so nice to have finished to the top state.


Well, this is all I have for this week. I will post again on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment