Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sunday Slow Stitching- Hibiscus Finished & Iris Started

I have completed Miss Hibiscus and I am very pleased with the way she looks.


I have gotten Miss Iris set up to begin.


This is the drawing of Miss Iris.


This is the image I found online. I had to purchase new purple embroidery floss just for this flower. The purples I have were not very close to the purple in the picture or in my mind. I had a hard time at the store selecting the purple floss. There are not very many different purples to choose from. It is very important that I do Miss Iris the best that I possibly can because the iris is my husbands favorite flower. He is watching to see how she is coming along.

This is where I am in the process right now.



I will be linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching today. To see what others are working on please click here.

4 comments:

  1. The changing of the flower blocks! So fun to see who is up next... bright eyed Miss Iris! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a special spot in my heart for irises. They were my mom's favorite flower ... And they always bloomed around Mothers Day. So when we were growing up, my sister and I would make breakfast in bed for our mom and include a bouquet of purple irises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just wonderful! Miss Iris is beautiful. I wonder are you designing these? They are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have the ability to design your embroidery blocks.

    ReplyDelete