Friday, February 7, 2014

Leaders N Enders

I have been happily sewing along with Bonnie Hunter and her leader ender project this year. I have loved doing the Split 9 patch because I am using from my 2 1/2 inch pre cut bins. I have two drawers full of these squares and now they have a place to go.

I have decided to use the same lay out as Bonnie has with hers because it has that vintage look. I am almost finished with all the blocks and have it all up on my design wall. As soon as I finish the blocks I will web this top. Webbing the top will keep it from getting all mixed up.


This is an awesome lay out. This is also a classic in showing just what scrap quilting is all about. I love it.

I am also making some good progress on my Batik Windows quilt. I have completed all of the tight stippling in the white sashings and have started on the black shadow of the window with small half feathers with black thread. The white on white and the black on black is so nothing is competing with the batik fabric.


Close up of the stitching before I have completed all of it.


The stippling has been a great way to stabilize the quilt for the rest of the quilting that I will be doing on it. I think the center pieces, the individual batik squares, will really pop once I have completed the tight quilting in the black as well as the white part of this quilt.
I am also excited to try the rain drops in the batick fabric as Anita suggested quite some time ago.

Well, this is all for now. I will be sure to show an update on both of these quilts.

1 comment: