Sunday, February 9, 2014

Slow Sunday Stitching-Hibiscus

I have completed Miss Fuchsia. YEAH! She is very happy.


I have decided to talk about the way I am approaching these flowers. I purchased them many years ago from a Tri Chem dealer. These were suppose to be painted. But 40 years later I do not want to paint them and I think that embroidery looks so much better.
I have to approach each flower with just my own ideas of how she should look. I go to the internet and google the flower and when I find an image I like and that I think will go with this particular flower design I then use it to pick out my floss colors and decide on the stitches that will look best with this flower.


So here are my resources laid out to help guide me as I begin the process with Miss Hibiscus. Maybe click on the picture to see all of the items. The drawing is where I start, then I transferred it to the fabric. The image I keep in front of me to help me choose the colors and then to refer back to as I go from color to color as I stitch. I feel like I have gotten better with each flower and I have tried to add more and more texture as I go along.

This is where I am at with Miss Hibiscus now. Oops I forgot to add the picture.



To see other Slow Sunday Stitching click here.

5 comments:

  1. I think the embroidery was a wonderful choice! They sure are cute!!! (PS: I see we have a lot of projects in common, so added myself as a GFC follower!!! YAH!) V:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice - they are so cute in the embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was fun to see how you approach each block... they are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so very pretty. I'm enjoying seeing the various blocks as you work on them and finish them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindy, you stitching is sweet. Is the drawing actually done for you already, or do you modify it to make it into the fairy?

    ReplyDelete