Sunday, March 23, 2014

Slow Stitching Sunday

I have had a completion this past week!. Miss Iris is done and looking so happy.


I have begun with Miss Magnolia now. She is going to be a sweet Magnolia.


Here is her drawing.


This is the image I found on the internet. I chose this one because it reminds of the tree we had in our yard in Washington state. Such a beautiful blossom.


Here is my start.

I have some vintage pictures of baby dresses. My Aunt made these for me when I was a baby. She made them with a pattern she made up.  The slips look like they were made from old bed sheets. I am not sure what she made the dresses from but she embroidered tiny flowers on the dresses and crocheted the edges of the dresses and the slips. These were very common in the day.


This is the front of one of the dresses.


This is the sleeve. Notice the crocheted edge.


This is the bottom with embroidery and crochet.


This little slip has crochet on the bottom.


And at the neckline.

This is my old/new hand stitching project. I started a Grandmother's Garden quilt several years ago but it didn't take me long to realize that I did not want to make a full size quilt with these hexies. I will be making a table topper or wall hanging. I have started to hand applique the hexies onto a border fabric so I can finish this old UFO.


On the left is attached.


I have started stitching this part. I will finish attaching the border and then I will make the next decision on how I want to finish this little project.

To see what others are working on at Kathy's Quilts click here.




5 comments:

  1. Cindy your embroidered flowers are so pretty! I love them. I also really like your GFG hexies. I love that tangerine color! can't wait to see it finished. Visiting from Slow Stitching.
    xo jan@ sewandsowfarm (Lucy Boston Block)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,
    I was going to sign up to follow your blog but Google friend connect says unavailable. Do you have a follow by email option?
    Thanks
    jan@ http://sewandsowfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, wonderful garments and can't wait to see the finished Hexie quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so special! I hope my hexie project gets finished someday also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flower ladies are coming along so beautifully. It was fun to see all the hand work from your Aunt. Good luck with the hexie UFO! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete