Sunday, March 30, 2014

Slow Stitching Sunday

This week I did not post anything until now because I have not worked in the Quilt Studio. I had a doctors appointment on Friday and it is confirmed that I have compressed disks and possibly bulging disks. I start physical therapy on Tuesday. The doctor also had me increase the amount of Aleve I take to two in the morning and two in the evening. I am feeling a bit better already. Hopefully with the physical therapy this week I can see some improvement.

I have made some progress on my two hand projects because of my down time. I am moving right along with Miss Magnolia. This is my start of her this week.


This is where I am today. She is coming along very nicely.



I have also made progress on my hexie project. Hopefully I will make enough progress on this that I will have it ready soon for the quilting. This project needs a good pressing and trimming of the border. I think I will be adding another border after this one and then it will be ready for quilting.


I have also started a new hand/sewing type project that I have wanted to do for quite some time. I have been wanting to make some pin cushions for a while now and I purchased this instruction kit a while ago and I find this to be a good time to work on them.  I am making all three pies in the instructions.



I have the cherry and blueberry pies started and the apple pie is just in the first stage. I purchased the little dishes at Bed, Bath & Beyond.


I think these are going to turn out very nicely. I also want to make beaded pins for decorative purposes to go with the pin cushions. I am getting quite excited about getting them finished to see what they will look like.

I plan to link up with Kathy's Quilt on her Slow Stitching Sunday today. Click here to see all the wonderful projects that everyone else are making today.


6 comments:

  1. Oh my - your pin cushions are going to be simply adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried Aleve - I might have to do that too - for me it is problems in the neck and shoulders/back - bone degenerative issues and possibly a pinched nerve -- love your stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are going to be some lovely pies! Miss Magnolia is coming right along! The pink Magnolia's are in full bloom right now. I wish I had one in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those pincushions. I always find that Aleve eases my aches and pains. Just be conscious of possible stomach problems. I've never experienced them but others have. Good luck with the therapy. I find it quite helpful when my back acts up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your Miss Magnolias ...I always think about making some pincusions / fancy needlebooks etc... yours are so pretty...such a fun project!

    I have always found Aleve to work for headaches such as sinus / other pain I use Ibuprofen / not sure why one works for one thing and one thing for another but whatever!
    AND SOMETIMES BEN AND JERRYS ICE CREAM AT THE END OF THE DAY Just works period. S'mores. :) Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are stitching flowers and pies... so fun!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete