Friday, April 4, 2014

April Showers Bring May Flowers

I am not sure that April showers means snow but that is what we have been getting the last few days.
I do have crocuses. hyacinths and daffodils so we are getting flowers. Spring is here!


These are from my flower bed out front. So nice to have them in the house.

I have done a little bit this week in the way of quilting.  Some piecing on the Quilt of Valor I am making as a leader ender.


I am working on the 7th one now. I will be making 12 of these blocks.

I also decided that I needed to have another leader ender project going. This quilt is not on my list of quilts to make this year but I really need to use up a bunch of 2 1/2 inch squares that are over flowing my bin. So I am going to make Sisters Choice by Bonnie Hunter. I have always thought this would be a beautiful quilt to make. So because I have so many green squares I will be making them for the 9 patches in this quilt.


This is the quilt that Bonnie made.


This is my first block. I think I have enough green 2 1/2 inch squares to make about 3 of these quilts in a twin size. I plan to give them as Quilts of Valor and they don't need to be quite as big as the one Bonnie made. I haven't decided for sure what color the points will be. I will either make them yellow or blue, I will decide when I get closer on the 9 patches being all done. Sometimes with leader enders projects they can work up very quickly.


This is my set up for string blocks. I will make 10. I chose orange because So Scrappy did not give us a color this month. I thought about it and decided it didn't really matter what color just as long as I am using up scraps.


These are the 9 patches I am making.


This is the first one completed.

I will sign up for Rainbow Scrap Quilting if she does a linky this week.
I guess there has been a slip up with Rainbow Scrap Challenge and I guessed the wrong color for this month. I chose orange and the color is purple so I guess when she pickes orange I will chose purple and get back on track. Click here to see what others are doing today.


I have both Craftsy blocks laid out. I will be counting these two blocks as Rainbow Scrap blocks and also as Slow Stitching Sunday blocks.


Each of these blocks have all different oranges. I still have a bunch of orange fabrics even though I used quite a bit of fabric in the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.  I will be hand stitching these down instead of machine sewing them.

Well, this is all for today. I will post again on Sunday.

4 comments:

  1. Great work and the orange blocks are neat! I sure wish it would warm up enough here for spring flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! you are doing lots of great things-inspiring to look. the RSC color this month is purple- she was just late getting it up. but you're right- it does not matter what color we do, as long as we're using those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful orange scraps. Reminds me of orange ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She had changed her background to purple around the 1st. Orange will work just fine this month - as long as you are using those scraps. Your projects look great.

    ReplyDelete