Friday, March 7, 2014

There are a Few Different Things Going on

I have had a few things going on in the Quilt Studio and other areas.
I have finally finished the Batik Window quilt. I was so stressed with this quilt mostly because of the tension issues I was having. So I am not showing the back side of this quilt.


The blue strips laid out on top are for the binding. I need to sew the strips, trim, press and then sew it on the quilt. All but done! I will show more pictures once I have completed everything.

I made a repair on a charity quilt. No pics.


I have loaded the Sunshine quilt and everything is ready for quilting. This quilt is so big I only have a few inches on each side to spare. I will start this quilt very soon and it shouldn't take too long to quilt because I am using a very simple pantagram that I have used many times. I will show my progress on this next week.

I also have a couple of pictures that are not quilt related. The first picture is of a suitcase that my Mom says is a purse. I remember it being used for other things.


Anyone remember these from the 1960s. I thought Mom had used it for cosmetics or as a travel case. It looks like she put in new contact paper on the inside several years ago. I scrubbed it up inside and out. I also used WD40 on the latch. It looks like brand new.....well almost.


When she gave it to me yesterday all it had in it was some art paint brushes, very long Q-tips and some needles and pins. I think it will look great in my sewing room holding some old stuff.

The next two pictures are of my Grandfather's coin purse.


I remember Grandpa using this and I always thought it was so cool. It is made of leather with metal hinges and a snap closure. Everything still works just fine but is just very worn from much use.


There is an arrowhead mounted on a hard background. I can't tell if the arrowhead is real. Probably not. There is also a tie clip in there. Not sure why these things were in there but they were Grandpa's.

Well, I will sign off for now.

1 comment:

  1. I remember those pocketbooks. I would have been 10 yrs old in 1960. Your grandfathers coin purse is a real treasure.

    ReplyDelete