Saturday, May 3, 2014

Progress is Being Made

I am so happy to say that I have made some progress this week. I have finished all the borders on the Celtic Solstice mystery quilt and it is now ready to quilt. I just need to get the backing for it.


This picture was taken when I was trying to decide which green fabric I should use for the final border. I choose the one on the right. I didn't take a picture after I had sewn it on. I will show it off when I complete the quilting.

I have also decided that the challenge from Bonnie Hunter earlier this year needed a small border. I felt it needed to have a border so all those seams would be stabilized. so the quilt would not have wavy edges.


I really like the lay out for this quilt. It is the same lay out that Bonnie used. I will be giving this quilt away but it is so tempting to keep it for myself.



I have also set up for the Rainbow Scrap challenge this month. The color for May is green. Green just happens to be my favorite color and I have so much green in my stash that I don't think I will ever be able to use up all that I have.
Earlier this month I decided that I had way too many green 2 1/2 inch green squares in my bins.  So I started Sister Choice by Bonnie Hunter to help use up those 2 1/2 inch squares. I have over 30 9-patches made so far. All of them will be different colors of green and the points will probably be yellow.


These are just what I have made in the last week.


This is my set up for the green 9-patches I am making for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month. I have a ton of 2 inch squares from my bin and will be making 10 blocks.


This is my set up for the string blocks I am making for this challenge. I will make 10 of these blocks also.

I haven't set up anything for the Craftsy blocks yet but there is still plenty of time for that.
I will be linking up with Angela for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this month.
Be sure to stop by over there to see what others are working on for this great challenge.


3 comments:

  1. You have been busy. I have never made on of Bonnie's mysteries, but she does have a lot of pieces in those blocks What an accomplishment! I love the split nine patch so many different ways to set a quilt made of that block

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You do have a lot of green. Good luck getting some of it put to good use this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that's a busy sewing studio! Lots going on in green
    LeeAnna Paylor
    Not AFraid of Color!
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete