Friday, May 9, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge-Green

I have a few things to show for this week. I am happy that I have finished two of my monthly blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

The first are the string blocks.  I have made 10 green blocks and trimmed them to 6" squares. I have also trimmed all the last few months blocks to 6". That means I will have a 5 1/2" finished block but it doesn't really matter because I will just work with what I have. Bonnie made hers with a 5 1/2" foundation but she only did that because that is what she had to use. So I am doing the same. My foundation is dryer sheets and they smell so nice to work with.


I am getting quite a rainbow of colors making these blocks.

;,

The next blocks I have done are the 9-patches. As you can see I am not real fussy with the background fabric that I use and each 9-patch has all different colors of green. Just the way I like to piece.


I have also been working on more 9-patches for the Sisters Choice quilt I am making in green. Here are what I have finished for this week. These 9-patches are more uniform. Each block has matching background and green.

I have also loaded the Bonnie Hunter challenge quilt on the HQ.


I have also started the quilting on it with Loopy Clams, a video on YouTube that Jo Krammer was talking about this week on her blog post.


It is a free motion technique and I am not very good at it but by the time I finish this quilt I will be better at it.

I am linking up with Angela for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge this week.
This is the link to SoScrappy.

2 comments:

  1. I love your attitude about free motion quilting. I think it looks great, but by the end it will be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks and quilts!

    ReplyDelete