Saturday, May 24, 2014

What Should the Topic Be?

I read many, many quilting blogs each week. I love reading about what everyone is doing with their projects and appreciate that they share so much with Blogland.

I, on the other hand, have a hard time writing each blog that I have posted. I think that is because what I write on my blog is to keep track of what I am doing on my projects. When I am not doing too much on my projects then I feel stressed by the fact that I have nothing to write about.
Silly I know. That is why I thought about the subject of my post today and what I should write about that someone would be interested in reading.

I have not touched my flower girls-Miss Marigold-at all since I set her up a month ago. I can't really explain why I have not done anything on her except I know she will take me quite some time to work up and it seems overwhelming right now to even start her. Again, silly I know.

I have been getting things ready for my class in Panquitch, UT at the Quilt Walk but again there is nothing to show for this either.

I think that if I had not committed to myself that I would participate in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge I wouldn't have anything to write about for at least 2 weeks during the month. I must admit that I haven't been feeling too well for over a month and that may play into this problem also.

So for my Craftsy blocks I have two to show today.

The first is the Modern Frame Log Cabin.



The second one is Wonky 5-sided Log Cabin.



This block reminds me of string piecing and I like string blocks. The difference for this one is the fact that a foundation was not used. The Craftsy teacher used very precise cut strips and she didn't have any trouble with wavyness. I am used to a foundation and I used my stings for the most part and I was worried that I would have wavy edges. I did not so everything turned out just fine.

I am linking up with Rainbow Scrap Challenge today. Click here is see all the wonderful projects that everyone is working on.

2 comments:

  1. Trying to keep up with posts and projects when you aren't feeling well is no fun. We like to hear about real life too though. Glad you are getting some sewing done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your 5 sided log cabin block.

    ReplyDelete