Friday, October 31, 2014

Some More Completions

I have been very busy chain piecing a couple of different projects.


Before leaving for deer camp I completed my blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. These are the string blocks with the bonus strips. I forgot to take a picture of the 9-patches but I have 10 of those completed also.




While I was at deer camp I worked on these star points.


When I got home I finished sewing these together and pressed them. I have 420 units that will make 105 blocks. I am planning on using these star blocks for Quilts of Valor.


I also worked on my tumbler piecing. I had 10 strips going at the same time and I am now half way finished with them. I need to have 40 tumblers in each row.


I have my feather weight set up on my dining room table and have now started the brown star units. I probably will have the same amount of units as I do of the the blue. I need to cut over a hundred more back ground triangles to go with these wings. These units are all left over cuts from the Smith Mountain Morning quilt I finished back in January. I got a little carried away cutting out these wings.

Well, this is all for now. I will keep on scrappin!

1 comment: