Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Wow, life gets a little crazy sometimes

I have finally completed a quilt. This Fall was a very busy and sometimes very stressful time!

In August my husband had surgery. One month later I had a total knee replacement and in the middle of my recovery my mother went down. The colon cancer caught up to her and took her life. She ended up with me at my home on hospice and past away on October 13th.

I was able to do some piecing in that time frame but was not up to the quilting until this past week.


This is a Jenny Doan pattern.


I bought this jelly roll several years ago and I think this quilt will look great in my spare bedroom.


I used the Whirly Gig pantogram with a varigated purple Superior Thread.


I am planning to keep this quilt for myself. I have two quilts planned for our new trailer and can't wait to get started on them.

Keep on Scrappin!

1 comment:

  1. The quilt is pretty and I love the design. So sorry about your mom, I know you will really miss her this Christmas season. Hope your knee is doing well.

    ReplyDelete