Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The Next Completions for May

The following quilts are charity quilts that I will be taking up to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Humanitarian Center for donation.


This first quilt is what I call a 'build a quilt'. I just started with the center and added rows around the quilts with different colors until I had it about the size I wanted. I used 2 inch 4 patch squares that I had already made up several years ago and then added gray, orange and yellow to set them all on point.


I used the Baptist fan Groovy Board on my HQ for the quilting. It ended up a twin size quilt.


This quilt was from a class I took at the Panquitch Quilt Walk last year. I used all scrappy from my stash for the blocks and the background is some fabric I bought several years ago and never used on the quilt I was planning on.


I used the Whirly Gig pantogram and bound it with the same fabric as the outer border. It is also a twin size quilt. I used more of my stash of 10 inch squares to back this quilt.


This is purely an orphan block quilt. I took every block that had been stuffed into a drawer and cut them all down to the same size. Then I arranged them in a random way.


I bound this quilt with a very scrappy binding I have set aside from all my leftover binding from other quilts. The backing is made from 10 inch squares I have in my stash. I used the Baptist fan pantogram for the quilting.


This quilt is also leftover blocks and I built this quilt from the center out.


I used the Baptist fan for the quilting and an old sheet for the backing. This quilt is also a twin size.

I am now working on some more baby quilts and I have started two Bonnie Hunter quilts as leader and enders.  This weekend we went to Strawberry Lake for a 3 day vacation and while I was there I sewed 20 blocks I had kitted up. This morning I sewed them all together.

So for now 'Keep on Scrappin!'

No comments:

Post a Comment