Friday, August 24, 2018

Summer Completions

I have been very busy this summer although I haven't been good to document it on my blog.
I really like to wait until I have completions before blogging about it.



This quilt was a last minute decision. I loved the drama of it. It is a Jenny Doan pattern but she did it in blues. Since green is my favorite color and I had a big bin of green strips already cut I made my version in green.


I can see this quilt in a number of different colors or all in totally scrappy.


As you can see the center forms a flower effect.


I used the Baptist Fan groovy board for the quilting and a soft, light green thread. I am very pleased with this completion. All but a couple of fat quarters I purchased are directly from my stash.


This table runner was a trial sample to try out the curved ruler and book I purchased. I think I have the technique down and I have actually moved on to make a quilt for Ron with this technique and I will show it later when I have completed the hand stitching on the binding.


I custom quilted this very tight in order for it to lay as flat as possible. It looks great on the table.

I will now write another post for the next 8 baby quilts I have completed.

Keep on Scrappin!

No comments:

Post a Comment